As we did last year, sightings of Her Maj while on her Scottish estate will be collected here throughout her break. You can find a link for this post on the sidebar under Recently Updated Events. The link will tell you the last time the post was updated.
(We have some jewels to cover while she's away, so stay tuned!)
- August 9: Church at Crathie Kirk. I can't make out the brooch, but the hat is fab. [Press and Journal]
- August 10: Marking the official start of the holiday by reviewing a Royal Guard from The Royal Highland Fusiliers, 2nd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland. She wore the Royal Regiment of Scotland Badge as usual, with Pearl Stud Earrings and what looks to be a double strand of pearls. [British Army Facebook]
|Photo: Mark Owens / Crown Copyright via British Army|
- August 16: Back in Scotland for church once more. So far, just a glimpse via Instagram of The Queen (no brooch visible), and a glimpse of Camilla.
A smiling Duchess of Rothesay after attending morning service at Crathie Church today. pic.twitter.com/zO39AZipU6— Donald Stewart Photo (@DonaldStewartPh) August 16, 2015
- August 19: The Sons of Scotland Pipe Band played at Balmoral for The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Countess of Wessex, and Lady Louise Windsor. Her Majesty was in casual mode for the private performance (read: no jewels on display), but you can read all about it at The Countess of Wessex Blog.
- September 5: As always, The Queen attended the annual Braemar Gathering.
- September 6: Attending Sunday service at Crathie Church, Her Maj played to her Scottish location with the Three Thistle Brooch:
- September 13: The Queen accepted an invitation to the FEI European Eventing Championship at Blair Castle, where she presented medals. No brooch, not unusual for this houndstooth coat:
HM The Queen has arrived to watch the jumping & present the medals to our European Eventing Champions #Blair2015 pic.twitter.com/hqq2lTjhPH— The FEI (@myfei_home) September 13, 2015