- Back in August, the Sons of Scotland Pipe Band played at Balmoral for the Queen and members of the royal family. Their website has a look - the Queen is perhaps wearing a single strand of pearls.
- The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and wee Prince George arrived for a visit, including a grouse shoot. The Daily Mail shows us the Queen tooling around in her Range Rover.
- The Cambridges aren't the only ones visiting the Queen: John Key, Prime Minister of New Zealand, and his family arrived for a visit. The Queen received him for an audience in casual mode, including her pearl studs and a two strand pearl necklace.
- And everyone piled off to Sunday church, with the Queen sporting what I think must be her Small Pink and Diamond Brooch.
- ABOUT THIS BLOG
- TIARAS & CROWNS
- BROOCHES: ORNAMENTAL
- BROOCHES: BADGES
- ORDERS & REGALIA
- ANNUAL & SPECIAL EVENTS
- IN-DEPTH FEATURES & LISTS
- STATE & OFFICIAL VISITS
- Duchess of Cornwall: Tiaras & Necklaces
- Duchess of Cornwall: Brooches
- Duchess of Cornwall: Other Jewels
- Duchess of Cambridge: Loans
22 September 2013
Meanwhile, at Balmoral...
We've gotten a peek into a few events of the summer break: