13 May 2013

The Cullinan VI and VIII Brooch

The Cullinan VI and VIII Brooch
Both the central portion of the top brooch and its pendant are pieces from the famous Cullinan diamond. Cullinan VIII is the emerald-cut 6.8 carat diamond on top, and Cullinan VI is the 11.5 carat marquise diamond that serves as a pendant. The top portion alone also serves as a part of the Delhi Durbar Stomacher. The brooch was left to the Queen in 1953 by Queen Mary, and though it is used, it is not as common a sight as Cullinan V, its heart-shaped counterpart.

Read more at Order of Splendor.

Appearances:
14 July 2014: Queen's Award for Enterprise Reception
10 December 2013: Investiture at Buckingham Palace
1959: Chelsea Flower Show

Photo: Royal Collection